Skippy

Skippy

Postby smashart » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Because AirPhones 2 has the lowest latency we could pull off, occasionally, the tiny buffer misses sync by a tiny amount and causes a stutter. The only way we've seen to help this, is to relaunch AirPhones on your device. Because of the tiny buffers though, there may be the occasional skip.

Additionally, restarting your iPhone or iPod Touch is always a good idea to improve performance with ANY app.
smashart
Site Admin

Skippy audio playback when using computer.

Postby jonfleck » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Is there anyway you could give users the option of using a buffer? I only use this application for audio and latency doesn't matter. I tried the trial and for the brief time that it let me stream it worked fine. After buying AirPhones, I found out that I can 't do work on my laptop without the application frequently skipping. It seems that every time I use an application that accesses the internet, audio playback will briefly skip. Feedback on whether or not you're planning on adding a buffer feature would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the simplicity of the program is great and I understand the low latency for keeping video and audio in sync, but it would be very nice to have the option to smooth out audio only playback.

Hardware the I'm using with AirPhones:
Computer:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Router:
AirPort Extreme with Wireless N (The laptop is connected via WiFi, but I don't think this is the problem as I have streamed to Airport expresses without any trouble)

iPhone:
3Gs 32GB
Firmware 3.0

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Jonathan
jonfleck

Return to Device Help