Looking for help with AirPhones Open Source

Looking for help with AirPhones Open Source

Postby smashart » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:17 pm

I'm considering opening up AirPhones to open source to help make the app everything it should have been from the beginning.

There are several main goals.

1. Eliminate skipping on both Mac & PC versions. I'm getting virtually no skipping on my Mac version, but that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. This could likely mean reevaluating the current protocols and system and making the appropriate updates.

2. Update Mac & PC Servers.

3. Update the client app.

4. Build a Linux compatible server.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, but I'm open to hearing from those interested in helping out with this project. If you're a Pro programming fan into making this app everything it should be, please drop a note here regarding your thoughts and possible solutions.

Of course I'd still like to sell the app, just wondering about the feasibility of that idea in line with this being open source.

Chris
smashart
Site Admin

Re: Looking for help with AirPhones Open Source

Postby magiix » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 pm

I think this is a great idea! you may want to consider setting up a google code, source forge, or codeplex page... since this should pretty much give you everything bug tracking etc...
OR what may be easier and more appealing, if you simply give us a link to a tar of the source, we can download it and edit it, and then submit it back to you -- (submitting patches or files via forum) with the changes we made, you can rummage though it and decide what you like/don't like and and you can update the source code accordingly. it keeps everything under your control but invites everyone else to help out. I suggest that you post source code asap :). ...you could even attach it on this forum!
magiix

Postby descention » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm

I would love to help. I like coding in C# on windows, but have some knowledge in C++ and have used linux for a few years now (not my main OS of course). I'd love to see the code for the microsoft server.

I agree with magiix, the code should be posted someplace. Code version control is also highly recommended: subversion, git, or manual backups... it should exist if it doesn't already.

If it's just the server you need help with then that shouldn't be an issue for your market. If you want assistance with the client app, and keep your market then my best guess is just hope that your users don't try building it on their own.

-Des
descention

Postby Leo360 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:08 am

I know only very little coding, but I'm allways willing to help.

I.e do some beta testing on windows 7 & provide feed back or something like that.

see my other post for contact details.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135
Leo360

Return to AirPhones Open Source Project