AirPhones under 64-bit kernel?

AirPhones under 64-bit kernel?

Postby mohaas05 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 pm

I tried installing the AirPhones server on my MacBook, running 10.6.2, and the driver refuses to load. I suspect that this may be due to the fact that I'm running under the pure 64-bit OS X kernel, rather than the default 32-bit one.

Is this a known issue? And is there a workaround? I don't really want to have to run the 32-bit kernel all the time just for this one app.
mohaas05

Re: AirPhones under 64-bit kernel?

Postby smashart » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:48 pm

I hate hearing this and any other seemingly preventable issues. Honestly, my developers didn't inform me of these pitfalls and I wasn't versed enough to ask for this stuff or if I did, I got an updated estimate in the 10's of thousands. I'm guessing there is no workaround at this point, but I'm considering open up this project to open source, maybe I can resolve some of this stuff in the coming months.

I really do care about this project, always have. Hell, I invested all my savings in it, it means a lot to me, so I'm not giving up yet.

Thanks for the post.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby KariRS » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:00 pm

My studio has become attached to using Airphones for testing our audio mixes on the iPhone and iPad. However we just upgraded our computer and are having the issue of not being able to use Airphones with our 64bit operating system.

Are there any updates on this compatibility issue getting resolved in the near future?
KariRS

Postby discoVolante » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Just bought the app, it doesn't load the drivers. Running 64 bit OS, should have read the forum I guess. I think this bug is something that should be posted on the App purchase site, it's listed that Windows can only take 64 bit, but Mac isn't listed with that issue.
discoVolante

Return to Mac Help