Stream Audio to Phone AND Computer?

Stream Audio to Phone AND Computer?

Postby ollyash » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi,

I used to use AirFoil but recently switched to AirPhones. With my old setup however, I was able to stream the audio to my iPhone AND play the audio on the computer as well. This meant I could plug my phone in to a set of speakers downstairs and have the same music playing upstairs and downstairs.

I switched to AirPhones because there is barely any delay. Is it possible to play the audio through the music as well as stream it to my phone? This would be perfect.

Olly
ollyash

Re: Stream Audio to Phone AND Computer?

Postby smashart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll put it with our update list and see what I can do. I'm under the impression you want the audio to play at the source computer as well? I originally dropped this option, as it was initially meant to simulate wireless headphones, bypassing the need for audio at source. I'll look into it though.
Thanks,
Chris
smashart
Site Admin

Postby ollyash » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:36 am

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do., I understand it probably isn't really the concept of the software, but if you could possibly include this functionality then it will allow me to extend the use of the program.

I actually have a house gathering tomorrow night, and I really wanted in sync speakers downstairs and upstairs. At the moment, I'm probably going to have to use AirFoil for that - but it would be much better if this was included in AirPhones!

If it's not possible to include this in future updates, is there any sort of tweaks I can perform myself to give me this functionality?
ollyash

Postby ollyash » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 am

A quick solution would be a "AirPhones Receiver" but for Mac. But only if AirPhones supported multiple receivers, which I don't know if it does.
ollyash

Postby smashart » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:35 am

For music streaming, AirFoil is great, pricy, but great, I have it myself. For watching video content and getting synched audio, AirPhones is the ticket. Looks like you'll have to kick down for AirFoil.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby ollyash » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Of course the pro of AirPhones is the low-latency and therefore no delay (in comparison to AirFoil). This is why I am so interested to get AirPhones playing through the source computer speakers as well, thus providing me with two speaker setups.

Firstly, is AirPhones capable of streaming audio to multiple devices? If it was, all that would be needed is to convert the iPhone app onto the Mac platform. I don't know how that's done...
ollyash

Postby edalzell » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 am

I'd love to play music on both my Mac AND my iphone/iPad at the same time as when I am in my kitchen I can't hear the music from the living room very well.

I love the automatic nature of AirPhones, so I envision I would just leave it running at all times so that when I needed it I could just run the iPhone/iPad app.

Thanks

Erin
edalzell

Postby drosalez » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:36 pm

I love this idea. This is exactly the functionality I'm looking for from Airphones. I've tried airfoil but was not happy with the delay between the video and audio. Airphones is great since it allows me to watch streaming video and send the audio through my stereo. It would be even better, though, if the audio came out of 2 sources: the stereo and the native computer speakers. Thanks!
drosalez

Postby Orangevegan » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

This is what I did (trying to do...) Im sure it would work if I could get Airphones to work... ill get bleeps and bloops but it just studders wether im using agregate or not. I think its a iOS 4.0.1 compatibility bug? The client on the mac usually stops repsonding after i connect my iPhone 4...
Orangevegan

Return to Mac Help