Audio remains hijacked even after quitting the app

Audio remains hijacked even after quitting the app

Postby beisemann » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is my symptom: When starting the AirPhones App the server succesfully hijacks the audio and redirects it the iPhone... great! However, when quitting the app the mac does not go back to the original audio output device.

I thought at first that it was a 'feature' rather then a bug, but the demo video specifically details the exiting of the app and the fade in of the audio on the mac computer.

I then thought that since my iPhone has iOS v4 running and it has the ability to multitask that somehow I was not properly quitting the app. I tried both deleting airphones from the recent apps on the iphone and turning the iphone completely off... neither netted a solution.

I do realize that I can go the system preferences and return the audio to the original audio device (headphones in my case) however, my specific application has a Mac Mini plugged into a TV running my MythTV frontend... so no keyboard or mouse to go into system preferences and restore the audio. I can go in VNC and do it... but that is a bit outside of the "wife approval factor" in terms of daily usage.

I did try an uninstall and fresh download and install of the server app, but that did not net a result either.

Unfortunately until I am able to get this figured out, AirPhone usage will be limited to those times when I am around to turn everything back around.

Let me know anything i've missed or any suggestions.

Thanks.

God Bless,

Ben
beisemann

Re: Audio remains hijacked even after quitting the app

Postby beisemann » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh... and I'm running Snow Leopard on the Mac Mini.

I tried the AirPhones 2 Server App on my hackintosh netbook... it worked fine, faded in and back forth seamlessly. Huh. I tried again a complete uninstall using the applescript on the website, no avail on my TV mac mini.

Also, the airphones icon does change color (from blue ear muffs to black) and the volume gets adjusted when I pause the iPhone App... it just doesn't get switched back to "headphones" audio output device.
beisemann

Return to Mac Help