Snow Leopard Support

Does AirPhones 2 work on your system running Snow Leopard?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 10

Snow Leopard Support

Postby onimaca » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 pm

New Note:
We've tested the current version of AirPhones on two machines running Snow Leopard and it's working fine. Please let me know if AirPhones is working or not with Snow Leopard using the poll above. Thanks.
onimaca

Re: Snow Leopard Support

Postby smashart » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Great. I haven't installed it yet, so I'm running blind. What happens under SL when you launch AP?
smashart
Site Admin

Postby smashart » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Here's an article from WIRED magazine on what to expect with Snow Leopard. I don't feel terrible, even Adobe Creative Suite may have compatibility issues and they clearly have more resources than I do. Also, no support for PPC, which may mean I'll likely have to abandon that effort, as it will cost a few thousand in additional development costs; I'd rather spend that money (what money?) making this app more robust in general.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby onimaca » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 pm

with snow leopard 10A432 i get this error:

"THE SYSTEM EXTENSION CANT BE USED
The system's extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext" hasn't been installed properly, so it cant be used.Try to reinstall or keep in contact with the support of the program to get an update"
onimaca

Postby smashart » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 pm

This mentioned .kext has NOTHING to do with AirPhones, it's for Roxio Toast actually and unfortunately my developer had to waste some time following this lead. So far, AirPhones works fine with Snow Leopard. I'm buying it tomorrow, I'll test it too. Please confirm issues before putting the blame on us, I have very limited resources at this point. Thanks.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby dschaffner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm

How about this kext?

The system's extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AirPhonesSpeakers.kext" hasn't been installed properly, so it cant be used.Try to reinstall or keep in contact with the support of the program to get an update".

I'm thinking this might have something to do with AirPhones.

- Don
dschaffner

Postby jazzorgan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am

I didn't have this problem.
In fact I was one of the users with the 'intermittent audio' problem when I was running the latest server and app with Leopard.
The upgrade (clean install) to Snow Leopard has got AirPhones running great for me.
jazzorgan

Postby AppleIIGuy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Airphones does not operate when i boot my mac in 64 bit mode. I believe the kext is 32 bit only and does not load.
AppleIIGuy

Postby adriancasas » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:20 am

Same error for me... running Snow Leopard in 64 bits kernal.. and drivers are not installed... and is not working properly for installation any update soon?
adriancasas

Postby smashart » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:44 pm

It looks like we're strapped for cash on the update front for the time being. I'm working on some new apps, which hopefully will allow the cash flow to return to making AirPhones as solid and compatible as possible.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby perrymw » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Just loaded the Snow Leopard. Airphones was the first thing to go. The uninstall doesn't work, either. Airphones is dead in the water
perrymw

Postby smashart » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I just got my Snow Leopard disk, I'll report my results soon.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby myminirocks » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Wow! Is there some serious negativity going on here or what? Come on guys, this is a small time development project, if you didn't realize this when you blindly downloaded the app then that is no ones fault but your own. I know I am going to get flamed for this but geeeezzzz, give the guys a break.

Dev's, keep on trucking, IMO you guys have the best wireless headphone app in the ITS ATM, I have tried almost all of them. Even the big boys like Rogue Amoeba are struggling to make an app in this category so kudos to you.

BUT! Please dont let this become vapourware if it gets too hard, hang in there, I love this app and tell everyone with an iPhone about it.

Keep Truckin!!!
myminirocks

Postby smashart » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks, nice to hear some positive feedback, even though things may not be perfect. I'm considering opening up the project to open source, just not sure how to get that going. I'd like to create open source updates for PC & Mac (;atency options and 64 bit) and add Linux to the mix. I think the client app would need some update to bring it all together. I have no idea how I would approach this, if anyone has some insight to open source projects, please contact me personally.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby beat84 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:19 am

The system's extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AirPhonesSpeakers.kext" hasn't been installed properly, so it cant be used.Try to reinstall or keep in contact with the support of the program to get an update".

I also receive this message.

When a fully-sl-compatible version?
beat84

Postby ricardofay » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:09 am

Do any of you know a SL compatible app like AirPhones? I'm tired of waiting..
ricardofay

Postby onimaca » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:31 am

ricardofay wrote:Do any of you know a SL compatible app like AirPhones? I'm tired of waiting..

If you run SL with 32bits Kernel the app works fine. You can change this with ''32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector'' app
onimaca

Postby ricardofay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm

onimaca wrote:
ricardofay wrote:Do any of you know a SL compatible app like AirPhones? I'm tired of waiting..

If you run SL with 32bits Kernel the app works fine. You can change this with ''32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector'' app

If you drive a ferrari with only 2 tires will be the same too...
ricardofay

Postby smashart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:45 pm

We're looking at 64 bit and quality upgrades all around, Please sign up for the mailing list on the main AirPhones page for updates.
smashart
Site Admin

Can anyone tell me where to download the best & easy Video E

Postby Jojoking » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm

I was on my normal internet routine, and i got Anti virus Live. it took me an hour to get rid of it, i just want to know how i got it so i can prevent it fap turbo
Jojoking

Postby suprapro » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 pm

When can we expect the Snow Leopard update?

Another question: Is it possible to run Airphones via LAN over a WIFI Router?

Thanks, I really like the App :-)
suprapro

Return to Mac Help