Airphone app will not run on my mac

Airphone app will not run on my mac

Postby chrishatton » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

I have a macbook running os 10.4.11. I have downloaded Airphones and put the app in my applications folder. When i try to run the Airphones app (by double clicking on the icon), nothing noteworthy happens. The icon 'bounces' as it it's about to run, but nothing else. There is no icon in the menu bar on the top of the screen and no 'Airphones' window comes up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Chris
chrishatton

Re: Airphone app will not run on my mac

Postby brianonthescene » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Same exact thing happens when I attempt to run the Airphones server. I am also running 10.4.11. It just won't start. I've tried running the uninstall app linked on the homepage, but it doesn't help. Same issue.
brianonthescene

Postby smashart » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm

It doesn't work on PPC macs if that happens to be your setup.
smashart
Site Admin

Postby Arf » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am

The same thing happens on my Mac Mini OSX 10.4 intel! Please help me get it right. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting, shutting down... and all this in various combinations. Nothing works, the applications will not start on my Mac.
Arf

Postby smashart » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am

Hmm, are you logged in as a guest on non Admin account (at work maybe)? If so, maybe try to save AirPhones to the application folder in your (guesty) user folder instead of the main application folder and launch if from there. I'm assuming you have the latest server?
smashart
Site Admin

Postby Arf » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:29 am

No, not logged in as a guest. It is my home-computer and I am the only user. I tried saving the application to another folder, that didn't work either. (I do have the latest server)
Arf

Postby Arf » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 pm

It would be nice to get some kind of support for my problem other then checking the usual causes. I have the setup that should work but doesn't work. What can you do to solve my problem? If there is no solution then I think it would be only fair to give me a refund...
Arf

Postby Arf » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

A reply would be nice after three weeks!
Arf

Return to Mac Help