Dire windows XP warning during install

Dire windows XP warning during install

Postby organplay » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

During setup on my PC (windows XP) I get a warning that the "hardware", "Virtual Audio Cable" , has not passed the Windows compatibility logo test and warns of all sorts of dire potential consequences including system instability now or in the future.

Should I be worried?

I canceled the install, but would love to try the program.
Thanks,
Eric
organplay

Re: Dire windows XP warning during install

Postby organplay » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Well I went ahead and installed anyway after setting up a restore point. No problem with installation. It all works, but the audio is too choppy to be useful. Since I'm only interested in the audio, not video sync, I'd be OK with longer latency.

I'm trying to use this app simply as a network portal to play my desktop iTunes library wirelessly to my stereo thru the iTouch, but the quality just isn't there. Is there a work around? Some way to buffer the stream?

Thanks to the developer for providing a free version to try out. I'd be happy to pay for it.

I think it could be a killer app marketed as an inexpensive 'appliance' for the home stereo. No need to have the computer near the stereo or to buy an expensive network box if you already have the iTouch/iPhone.

Thanks,
Eric
organplay

Return to PC Help