Ability to reduce audio quality

Ability to reduce audio quality

Postby WesleyWex » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:34 pm

I would like to recommend that you put some options to tweak audio quality. I don't know where's the problem but my iPhone can't get a good WiFi even being feet from the access point, so there isn't latency but there is a lot of cuts on the audio stream. Otherwise the installer worked and I'm getting software output (wave) on the iPhone.

I don't know if you can implement some MP4 codec, I use to listen to a local radio network that streams using only 3 KB/s (24kbps), and it's stereo, you barely notice it's this compacted.
WesleyWex

Re: Ability to reduce audio quality

Postby smashart » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:25 am

We're looking into adding larger buffers for the many users that are not using AirPhones for video. It seems like the skips are a real issue with the new protocol we're using. Check out this video I just made to give you an idea how I've been using this product all along and how I envisioned it from the beginning.

I know it doesn't matter for those who aren't getting a good connection, so the buffers are something it seems is going to have to happen. Thanks for the feedback.
smashart
Site Admin

Return to PC Help